Hit Counter

Visitor Number
View My Stats

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

It's Official: Gary Johnson to Run as Libertarian

Gary Johnson will seek the
Libertarian Party
nomination at the  convention in
Las Vegas.

It's official now. Gary Johnson has decide to drop out of the Republican primary and run for the Libertarian Party nomination. I think this is a good move for him since his ideas on gay marriage and abortion are too non-mainstream for the Republicans to tolerate. 

I personally like the fact that Johnson is a social liberal. He is what is called a "classical liberal". He is fiscally conservative and socially liberal. He opposes most government policies restricting individual choice. He supports the FairTax. In other words, Gary Johnson is my ideal candidate.

That being said, I will still support Ron Paul in the Republican Primary, for now anyway. But if it comes down to him and Gary Johnson, Johnson gets my vote. I don't think it will though.

No comments:

Post a Comment